Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Lenten Reflection

Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you!
            Psalm 139 ... You knit me together in my mother's room...you really know me!
            When I think or cell someone or text...of a loved one on subway...infinitely closer than person next to me
Have no fear...I am with you to deliver you! From whatever is going one...bankruptcy....illness...breakup of a relationship...
And because you have no fear you can sing a NEW SONG!
 New song is Easter and Resurrection and we are all part of this Resurrection
We resurrect with Jesus...we are one with Him in all he does
The song is to announce
·        His salvation day after day
·        To tell His glory
·        to proclaim God's marvelous deeds!
·        what marvelous deeds have we experienced!!!!!
....Let your love for one another be intense... strong word intense!
Be hospitable...one of the hallmarks of Iona College...WE SEE IT EVERY DAY!!!!
Whoever serves, as we all do, let it be with the strength that God supplies!
            I can do all things in Him who strengthens me!
            In Something Beautiful for God Mother Teresa says to her sisters, let the people eat you up...let the people eat you up.
            it appears Pope Francis did this in Argentina and came to be POPE
The Lake of Gennesaret is also the Sea of Galilee
Astonishment at Jesus and what he can do where do we find our sense of astonishment today? In the resurrection which we share with Jesus. where is our sense of wonder.... where is our sense of astonishment that we are not afraid....
 
They left everything and followed him!!!
THE DEER'S CRY....GO ON UTUBE...RITA CONNELLY...SHAWN DAVIES      -         Br. Kevin Devlin