Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Lenten Reflection

      LENTEN RELECTION (Monday March 3, 2013) Jack Donohue
“No  prophet is  accepted in his own native place.”  (Lk. 4)
 
     PROPHET:
        *One who speaks for the Lord
        * stands up/stands out
        *upstart/ firebrand
              *  Implores, exhorts, even berates
               *  Upsets the status quo
                          Out of comfort zone
                          Exposes dire circumstances
      >>Prophetic:  Things can be better/ Things will have to change
                           OR  ELSE!!!!
 
****ONE REACTION:    “Who is this?   Preaching to us?  The  carpenter’s son?”
                         >>>He came unto his own, and His own  received  Him not……….
 
**** WHAT OF US??
    >> Psalm:  “A thirst is in my soul for the living God;
                  When shall I go and behold the face of God?”  (Ps 42)
 
  >>JOURNEY OF LENT….
          Good Friday/ Easter
 
       A DARING PRAYER:   “Anima Christi”    (pray it every day for the rest of Lent)
                       Soul of Christ, sanctify me;
                       Body of Christ, save me;
                       Blood of Christ, inebriate me;
                       Water from the side of Christ, wash me;
                        Passion of Christ,  strengthen me;
                        O good Jesus, hear me;
                        Within thy wounds hide me;
                        Permit me not to be separated from thee;
                       From the malignant enemy defend me;
                       In the hour of my death call me
                       And bid me to come unto Thee
                       That with Thy saints I may praise Thee
                       Forever and ever.
                                                           Amen