Monday, February 25, 2013

Success Center

Every Monday thru Wednesday I volunteer at the Campus Ministries Success Center. I initially did Success Center for my education classes to gain my hours of experience and even after I was done with my hours I continued to volunteer. I am not an education major anymore but, I still volunteer at the Success Center. The reason why I continue is because I have compassion for the students who need help. Every time I go (to Success Center), multiple students ask for my assistance! I have had so much fun tutoring the kids and in return they respect my. In addition, we are all like family at Success Center - we help each other out where needed.  I even became Santa Claus for the Success Center kids because I knew they would like it. Even though the older kids knew it was me, they loved the holiday cheer. I can honestly say the Success Center has helped me as well as the students we tutor learn more about the world. - Steven Burth, Iona student