Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Painting Reflection by Ashley Hubaykah

May 24th, 2013 - Day 5 


Finally, Karina had a reflection I feel in love with. We got to express our feelings through watercolor. Looking back on the week I have loved Martha’s Table the most. It was one of the most hopeful experiences I’ve ever felt. I usually feel bad and sad for my experienes with the homeless, but at Martha’s Table I finally felt happiness around them. I didn’t even feel like they were any different so I was super excited. I absolutely enjoyed cracking physics jokes with all the kids walking through. I loved the school environment as well. It put such a warm feeling inside me knowing these kids were at a place I enjoy so much.

My prayer for this week has not only been for all those less fortunate but for this team. I have been so honored and so blest to be around such a great group of people. Most importantly, I have enjoyed sharing my faith. It is the most important thing in my life and to be able to share it, means a lot to me. I hope all of the team finds what faith and God is to them. Life is so much better with faith and the heart to serve. It truly has given me so much life and happiness and I only want the same for everyone else.