Monday, May 5, 2014

Go New Ro 2014: Meet the Leaders!


Name: Michele Nelson


BirthdayMarch 8th

Campus Involvement: Director of Off-Campus Housing, Go New Ro leader, Make a Difference Week Committee, Winter Auction Committee, Strategic Planning Teams, etc.

Hobbies: Listening to music, reading, and cooking...or trying to cook!

Why do you participate in Go New Ro?
This is my fifth Go New Ro!!!  I participate in Go New Ro because I love helping to nurture young civic leaders!  During Go New Ro I love introducing our new students to the greater New Rochelle and Iona communities!

Favorite Thing About Iona? 
My wonderful colleagues who would do anything to help our students!  Iona is an amazing community in the legacy of the Christian Brothers!

Favorite Iona Tradition? 
My favorite tradition is still Make a Difference Week.  The Iona community participates in service all year long, but Make a Difference Week really highlights the wonderful opportunities to engage with our community, introduces our new students to many service sites, and allows each of us to take a moment to reflect on the our work and the reasons for it.

Favorite Thing To Do in New Rochelle?
I absolutely love the parks in New Rochelle!  I really enjoy going for a walk at Glen Island after work.  But I also enjoy Davenport Park, Five Islands Park, Hudson Park, etc.  They all have lovely views of the Long Island Sound and are very peaceful!