Thursday, July 12, 2012

Agape Reflection

I could not of imagined a better way to close my freshman year than going to Agape in Ware, Massachusetts. With my hectic and demanding schedule during the year, Agape was a great opportunity for a tranquil self-reflection. I learned about the importance of living an environmentally friendly life and ways to exhibit this practice. Every act the members of the Iona in Mission Agape team committed was for a good cause. We would collect wood to for future building projects and for fire wood in the winter. At the end of the trip I looked at all that we had accomplished and I felt proud. I made some of the greatest friends because of this trip. It felt wonderful to walk away a new person after such a short period of time, with new friends and a new outlook on life. I am eager to participate in many more Iona in Mission trips, they are extremely worthwhile.  

-Athena Argyropoulos, '15