Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Meet Noelle Go New Ro Student Leader!

Go New Ro Student Leader – Noelle Alegado
Year:  Class of 2013
Major: Biology

Why do you love Iona?
I love Iona because of all the opportunities available for students to become involved. Students are given a chance to be involved in what interests them academically, whether it is through research or internships. Additionally, there are numerous ways to become involved in extracurricular activities through various clubs and organizations. I feel that becoming involved on campus really helped me feel like I was a part of the Iona community, even as a commuter student. The opportunities at Iona have made my college experience what it is today and this is just one of the many reasons why I love being a Gael!

What was your favorite aspect of Go New Ro?
My favorite service experience with Iona is the Midnight Run, givign clothes and food to the homeless of NYC. After going on my 1st run during freshman year, I realized the importance of serving others and learned a lot about the impact of simple gestures. Although I only experienced a portion of Go New Ro last year, I enjoyed being able to share my experiences, such as the Midnight Run, with incoming freshmen while participating in a service activity.

Favorite New Rochelle Restaurant: Mirage Diner

Favorite leader: Mother Teresa

What clubs, organizations and team do you participate in?
Commuter Student Association, Edmund Rice Society, Student Government Association, Biology Club, IC Green, and the Iona Animal Rights Coalition.