Sunday, June 23, 2013

Tuesday Night Reflection by Deb Mosley


May 26th, 2013 - Day 6

While it is the end of the week, I would like to reflect on our Tuesday night group reflection.

I think it’s safe to say that Tuesday night was a very emotional night for all of us. But while it was full of tears, walls between all of us and our past slowly came crumbling down.

Some of the things I said I have never admitted to myself, much less anyone else; in particular what was said about my dad. I’ve always had a rough relationship with my dad, but I hadn’t realized how much it had escalated.

The moment I said that I resent my dad for the things he did, I felt at such peace. I always say that you have to go back to go forward, and I believe that even more now.

Braul talks about his demons that he’s facing and after some thought, I realize I’m facing with my own personal demons.

The past 9 years have been rough but overall, I realize how extremely blessed I am. My parents don’t always get it right but after this week and hearing the stories I have, I understand why they do something. I understand why my dad doesn’t come home sometimes. It’s s that we are never homeless again.

So after much prayer and seeking God, I have decided that I’m going to dedicate all my energy and resources to making my town into a better and homeless welcoming place.

A Christian artist I listen to has a song called Blessed and I would like to close with this “I know I am blessed. From when I rise up in morning till I lay my head to rest. I feel you near me, you sooth me when I'm weary. Oh Lord for all the worst and all the best, I am blessed."