Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Go New Ro 2013: Get to know the leaders!

Name: Steve Hill                                                                     
Birthday:  February 28th 
Position at Iona:  
Coordinator, Iona in Mission 
Hobbies: 
Being a diehard Yankees fan; cooking…eating; walking; listening to public radio; reading anything and everything 
Why do you participate in Go New Ro?
This will be my first Go New Ro as well!  I look back to a very similar program I did as freshman at Fordham and see how that was the transformative spark of my college life. I learned about the local community, fell in love with service, and began feeling at home in college.  I am so passionate about Go New Ro, because I can see the impact on the participants as they become leaders and do-ers at Iona. 
Favorite Thing about Iona?
Hands down, the Make a Difference Week Kickball Game between the Best Buddies and Success Center children.  We have the Pipe Band, an MC, the Dance Team and Cheerleaders and the participants and crowd have a blast enjoying an old fashion kickball game. 
Favorite Iona Tradition?
The Pipe Band! 
Favorite Thing to do in New Rochelle?
I love eating at Posto 22, which is a great local Italian restaurant that you will experience too.