Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Go New Ro 2014: Meet the Leaders!



Name: Steve Hill

Birthday: February 28

Campus Involvement:
Office of Mission & Ministry - Coordinator of Iona in Mission & Residence Hall Minister; Moderator of the Tara Knights Society; Make a Difference Week Committee chairperson; Thanksgiving Basket Drive facilitator

Hobbies: 
I am a die-hard New York Yankees fan; hiking; and I love finding new spots to eat in New York City.

Why do you participate in Go New Ro?
I look back to a very similar program I did as freshman in college and see how that service experience was the transformative spark of my college life. I learned about the local community, fell in love with service, and began feeling at home in college.  I am so passionate about Go New Ro, because I can see the impact on the participants as they become leaders and do-ers at Iona.

Favorite Thing About Iona? 
We are truly a community here at Iona. I think this is clearly shown at the annual Kickball Game during Make a Difference Week, which highlights the Best Buddies (adults with disabilities) and the children of the Success Center, and the Thanksgiving Basket Drive which saw 135 baskets donated from student organizations, administrative offices, and faculty departments for families in New Rochelle, the Bronx, and Yonkers. We are a community of service...that is the heart of who are.

Favorite Iona Tradition? 
The Pipe Band!

Favorite Thing To Do in New Rochelle?
Eating at some really great restaurants!