Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Go New Ro 2013: Get to Know the Leaders!



Name:  Kate Ann Gonta                                                 


Birthday: April 13th

Position at Iona: Go-New-Ro Student Leader

Hobbies: Listening to music, Reading books, taking Road Trips and I may be slightly addicted to Candy Crush =)

Why do you participate in Go New Ro?  I participated in Go New Ro the summer coming into my freshman year at Iona because I wanted to get involved at Iona as quickly as possible.  I’m so happy I was a part of this great program.  It was so beneficial to me because I met two girls who would not only turn out to me my freshman year roommates but also my best friends.  I also helped the less fortunate and I learned how it felt to become part of a team.  I wanted to lead Go New Ro this summer because I can’t wait to welcome the incoming freshman and be a role model to them.  I’m looking forward to being able to welcome them to the Iona community and become a family.   I hope to give them the same experience that I had while participating in Go-New-Ro. 

Favorite Thing about Iona? Without a doubt the Pipe Band!

Favorite Iona Tradition?  Coffee House hosted by Mission & Ministry every semester!

Favorite Thing to do in New Rochelle? I love to go to Glen Island.  It is a great place to walk around and just relax.  It also has a great view of the long Island sound!