Thursday, May 9, 2013

Go New Ro 2013: Get to Know the Leaders!



Name: Michele Nelson                                                                          

Birthday:  March 8th 

Position at Iona:  
Director of Off-Campus Housing

Hobbies: 
Dancing, listening to music, and trying to cook new recipes...I emphasize trying!

Why do you participate in Go New Ro?
This will be my fourth Iona in Mission: Go New Ro!  I have participated each year because my office is focused on helping students transition successfully as citizens into the greater New Rochelle community.  Go New Ro helps nurture young student leaders who understand their rights as members of a community and their responsibility to give back!  I also love showing incoming students all that makes New Rochelle so special!

Favorite Thing about Iona?
My favorite thing about Iona is all of the amazing professionals that I work with who love to help students succeed at Iona and in life!  It’s a wonderful, collaborative environment. 

Favorite Iona Tradition?
Aside from Go New Ro....I love Make a Difference Week…an annual week of service early in the fall semester!

Favorite Thing to do in New Rochelle?
I love going for walks by Glen Island, a beautiful Westchester County park that is right on the Long Island Sound.  As a matter of fact, I love all of our parks along the water including Hudson Park and Five Islands Park!