Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Iona in Mission: Chicago

All semester long we had been preparing for our mission trip to Chicago, Illinois. We attended meetings, fund-raised, and strengthened our bond as a team. It felt like the day would never come, but now it is finally here. As I prepare to embark on my first Iona in Mission trip, I cannot wait become closer with my team, and meet so many amazing people in the windy city! I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to spread the Iona mission and share my fortune with others. I am anxious and excited to travel to a city that I am a stranger to. I hope that the people we meet will learn as much from us as we will from them. We have all worked very hard to prepare for our journey and when we hop on that early flight to Chicago I know we will be more excited than ever! I can't wait to share my experiences and what I have learned with the rest of the Iona community when we return. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we embark on our wonderful adventure!

Laura Lubrano, 2014