Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Iona in Mission: Go New Ro-Why apply to GNR by Colleen!

Incoming freshmen should consider applying to Go New Ro because it is an amazing introduction to the Iona and New Rochelle communities.   Two years ago when I was an incoming freshman I, like most incoming students, was nervous about entering college and was concerned about fitting in and making friends.  Go New Ro gave me the opportunity to meet new people while getting a chance to be involved in serving the New Rochelle community and learning more about Iona and myself. 

During the experience I was able to meet other students who were passionate about service and eager to get involved. I was also able to meet upperclassmen and faculty members who were excited to meet us and help make our first experience at Iona an extremely enjoyable and positive experience.  Go New Ro gave me the reassurance that I would fit in at Iona and make friends.  By the time August rolled around I felt confident about entering this new environment knowing that I already knew some other incoming students as well as upperclassmen and faculty members that I could look to for support during my transition into college life. If an incoming freshman is worried about their transition into college, wants a preview into some of the opportunities Iona has to offer, or is just ready to get involved at Iona as soon as possible then Go New Ro is the perfect experience to apply for.